Tuesday, February 1, 2011

So thankful for my history!



Here we are, over one hundered years later.  I was just going through my fathers old photos of his family and looking at the depth of my black history... I know.. I know... we go over this a thousand times.. year after year.. I think to myself.. I'm soo blessed! I read the census stating that Esther Warfield (Great Great Great Great Grandmother 1870) was a domestic servant.  I had to stop and think for a second...This is were I come from... This is what they've done for our family to pave the way...Their blood, tears, sweat, songs of freedom!  This movement will never stop in me... It runs through my veins!  There were no cell phones to call for help, no dinner breaks if you got tired, no reality tv series to keep you entertained...WE TAKE LIFE FOR GRANTED!!  They had prayer, the sky above and the ground God planted their two feet on make it thru....And they did!...  I'm here!  A product of how Esther Warfield's DNA runs thru my pores.  I will do my BEST to make my family and people PROUD!  

-Olivia "Liv" Warfield

1 comment: